Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good Morning Sunday!

Ah Sunday, the day of rest!  Not!  The cleaning fairies didn't make it to our house last night so time to do a big "ten minute tidy"!  Hubby is slow cooking a brisket, so I think some homemade buns are needing to be made.  While I'm in the kitchen I figure I should make my bff's fave "Homemade Granola Bars" ~ I promise to save you some Kelly! Perhaps some cookies will get made for lunches as well...

If you think you can get into the kitchen then try these granola bars, you will never want to buy another pre-made one again!

Laura's Granola Bars

3 cups oats
3-4 cups of whatever ( I use chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, sunflower seeds, whatever I have on hand)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan
Mix all ingredients in large bowl - feel free to use your hands!  Press flat into pan
Bake for 20 -25 minutes...edges will be golden brown but bars will be moist & chewy.  Let cool 5 minutes then cut into bars.  Cool completely before eating.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment