Saturday, January 22, 2011

Channeling My Inner Fly Girl....

January means the start of the second term of dance classes in our house....it also means we are on the home stretch towards the competition season and after comp season comes recitals.  And recitals mean costumes!!!  Lots of costumes!!  In fact there will be close to 12 costumes in our house alone....oh the bliss of being a dance mom!!

Costumes mean sewing to me and it is the kind of thing I love!  I started sewing costumes last year, I really enjoyed the entire process - from being handed a package of fabric and notions right up to watching my creations on stage!  This year is even more exciting as I am lucky enough to be involved from the beginning of the process and I am making costumes for my little man too!

So this is what happened....

Mr Mac is in a Hip Hop class in which they are doing their recital number to MC Hammer's Can't Touch This.....

I am in Fabricland today, looking for fabric for my bathroom and Megs bedroom redo and I found the best deal on fabric!!  I quickly spotted this fabric.....

It is a delicious, silver, fantastic, fabric....which reminded me of .......


So now I am on a mission to re-create MC Hammer and the Fly Girls from In Living Color!  Little bit of a blast from my past but I can totally picture Mac and the little girls in his class kicking it old school!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment