Sunday, January 9, 2011

Busy night ...all to myself!

What a terrific night!  Hubby & son went off to a hockey game and daughter was at a sleepover...time to pull out fabric and ribbons and get to work!

First I needed to finish my advent calender (check out the page).  It was a long process but I think the results were worth it!



I then, set to work on a pair of booties that I had been planning.  The pattern was thanks again to Lena's patterns ( check out her blog at http://www.gardenalleycrafts.blogspot.com/).  I really didn't think I was going to complete them tonight as I hadn't grab batting for the soles from my mom, but sticking with whim rules I substituted an extra layer of fleece.  They are going to head to my friend's daughter, but I think I am going to attempt some little boy gear next!




I seemed to be on a roll so I decided to try my hand at an organizer.  I had picked up some great fabric at Fabricland with the intent to make a bag.  I decided to sacrifice a foot of fabric and create the organizer completely pattern free.  I am truly impressed!  For those who know me, I always have my diary and calendar...but often they get lost in the shuffle of my purse, so I decided to create an organizer that would fashionably hold everything.....

I am thrilled with the way it turned out!  I even added pockets inside to keep things on hand...like those pesky Michael's coupons that I always forget!



Now I am off to bed to dream of what whim will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment