Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baked Bliss!

With the little man home, it was not the day to get into fabric or paper crafts....so I turned my hand to baking.

I started with hubby's favourite...ANZAC biscuits...for those not up on their international cuisine, these cookies were made by the moms, wives and girlfriends of soldiers in the Australian & New Zeland Army Corp (thus ANZAC), to be sent in care packages during the first world war.  I found the recipe many moons ago in a Martha Stewart cookbook and hubby fell in love instantly, with the cookies that is, I am sure he loved me long before....

I also made my granola bars as previously posted.  This time I used raisins, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds and coconut.  I missed the tartness, that the cranberries that I often use, give the bars but the family seems to like them.



By this point Mr Mac was bugging to make something with me so we whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for lunches this week.



James had put a brisket in the slow cooker this morning.  The savoury smell of it cooking kept me energized throughout the day.  While the kitchen was already in chaos, I decided to make homemade rolls for the sandwiches for dinner.  Although they tasted great, they didn't brown very nicely, not sure why....



The kitchen is now clean, supper is over and all are in bed.  Time to take myself there as well.  Manic Monday tomorrow....

1 comment: